When you choose a cabinet line, you are dictating the options your designer may use when piecing your kitchen together, so look at
- the number of door styles offered
- the number of colors offered
- the total number of cabinets available
- the modifications that are available
- Better custom and semi-custom lines offer more upgrades and modifications for a more uniform, appealing design and appearance in the finished product.
For example, StarMark Cabinetry scales their doors to fit cabinets that have been modified. For cabinet lines without this feature, pre-sized doors are matched as closely as possible to modified
cabinets. Less flexibility in this case can result in as much as three inches surrounding the undersized door, causing the modified cabinet to stick out like a sore thumb.